The issue “Ubisoft service is presently unavailable” commonly occurs when opening Uplay. This can be caused by a mismatched computer time and date or a network issue. To repair this, you’ll need to do several steps.
A Ubisoft Service is now unavailable issue occurs in the Ubisoft Connect program while attempting to log in or run a Ubisoft game. These issues occur while launching Ubisoft games on Xbox, Nintendo Switch, or PlayStation 4 or 5 consoles.
Ubisoft is a videogame publisher best known for Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Just Dance, and Tom Clancy’s series. You can effortlessly manage Ubisoft games and material on your computer with its proprietary video game distribution tool Uplay. If you play PC games, you probably have this application installed.
This error message is one of the challenges you may encounter when trying to execute the Uplay application. This can be caused by various factors, therefore you’ll need to troubleshoot to find the root reason. Here’s how to solve it.
1. Make Sure that Your Internet Connetion is Active
Use an internet speed test from Google or speedtest.net to determine whether or not your internet is functioning properly. Make sure you are able to ping Google.com successfully by receiving the packets and you do not encounter a timeout message.
2. Restart Your Router and Computer or Console.
Restarting the router and PC can help to reset the internet connection and clean up any harmful data that has accumulated.
While the vast majority of users have most certainly rebooted their computers, the router is frequently ignored and can cause problems as well.
And sometimes if your computer or console wifi connection gets messed up and stops supporting any new connections it is always better to restart the console or computer to retry connecting to the server.
3. Disable IPv6 on Your Wireless Adapter
You can try disabling your IPv6 setting in your wireless network adapter and check try connecting to the internet and check if you are able to connect to the Ubisoft server. Follow the below steps to disable your IPv6 on your wireless adapter.
- Open Network Setting from Task Bar: Right Click on your WiFi Signal button in task bar and select Network and Settings.
- Open Change Adapter Options: In the WiFi Page Setting on Windows 10 setting select open change adapter setting.
- Right Click on Wireless Adapter: Right Click on Wireless Network adapter and select properties.
- Unselect IPv6: If IPv6 is select in the properties, then unselect it and then disable and enable it again using right click on the Wi-Fi Network Adapter.
Once you have restarted your WiFi tries connecting with Ubisoft Server and check if your connection is fixed.
4. Check Ubisoft Uplay Server
Make sure that the Ubisoft Uplay server is up and running. Sometimes Uplay server crashes and goes down especially when new popular games are launched. In this case, you need to wait for a notification for Ubisoft to fix the server connection issues.
Since Ubisoft servers are not reliable when there is a sudden surge in users and the load on the server exceeds their expectation or the amount of load their server can take that leads to down time of the server.
5. Change Your DNS Setting
This strategy has also been found to be effective in resolving the problem. The actions are fairly similar to those you took earlier to turn off IPv6 in your home router.
Follow the below steps to change DNS Setting on your computer and check if that fixes your issue.
- Follow the same steps mentioned to reach the setting on IPv6. Once you have reached the properties page select IPv4 and double click on it.
- Change the DNS Setting to manual and enter the below values in it as displayed in the image.
- Once the have entered the value select ok and reconnect the WiFi Connection.
If by any chance you are facing any issues related to internet connectivity then you can roll back to the previous default option and make sure that for IPv4 “Obtain an IP address automatically” is selected.
6. Check System Date and Time
Make Sure that your computer system date and time are correct and update to date. Sometimes if you change your system date and time then Uplay can read it incorrectly and will not allow you to log.
As different system date and time corresponds to license issues as Ubisoft will not be able to validate your license on their server.
It can be really infuriating to receive the warning “A Ubisoft Service is Currently Unavailable.” There are a few popular remedies that appear to restore most users’ connectivity and functionality.
Additionally, be sure to check for recent Windows updates, since there may be a known bug that has a patch available via an update.
Please subscribe to our newsletter and join more than 1000+ families of Guideearn to get the latest guides on technology, blogging, and hosting.
Subscribe to our newsletter!