Are you new to blogging and its available platforms? Then you will be surprised to know the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com. Today we will be discussing the difference in this post and we’ll let you know what you can choose depending upon your need. Hence don’t skip and read till the end or you can use the table of content to skip on the relevant contents you want.
Being a beginner there is always a confusion between WordPress.com and WordPress.org because of which most of the blogger ends up on the wrong blogging platform on which they are not supposed to be there. Though there are not many differences there is a significant difference between them.
To get successful it’s always crucial to choose the right platform. And hence we will be going through a detailed comparison of WordPress.com and WordPress.org. If you want to start a blog and make passive money out of it right way then you should read our guide on how to make passive income from blogging a step by step guide.
Comparison Between WordPress.org vs WordPress.com
Visually or looking on to the content of both the website can surely give you a little different and make you understand what is good for you. But getting the differences closely is the main step to decide on the better platform.
WordPress.org: Is what GuideEarn.com Suggest
The real WordPress which all the blogger and many other websites using all around the world is WordPress.org. Its provides you with all the freedom required to a blogger or web developer to customize the website as he wants.
Below are the Pros for choosing WordPress.org to build any website you want. And why GuideEarn recommends it.
- The software WordPress.org provides i.e. the WordPress platform is completely free. And you are not required to pay any kind of the money to WordPress to use their platform.
- All the data and content created on your website using WordPress is owned by you. No one except you can turn off or delete or remove the content from your website.
- All the free or paid or custom WordPress plugins and WordPress Apps can be easily added on your website whenever you want. You can also remove them as per your convenience.
- You will receive a lots of Customizations options and design control over your website. You can design the website even by editing the available themes to your likings.
- You can always monetize your content with whatever ways you like. By running affiliate links or you own ads or any other advertising methods available.
- You can use the website to customize it to sell items or digital products to your customer. WordPress allows you to accept online payment options by various trusted plugins for accepting payment online.
- You can even create deals website or membership website which you can use to make money through it by providing valuable service to your clients whatever being the product.
WordPress.org Cons: Freedom always comes with Price
Yes, There are few cons of WordPress.org but as we already know everything which provides larger freedom comes with a price.
- The First and foremost is you need a web hosting platform to which you will be paying somewhere around $3-$25 per month. For best hosting check this post or directly buy from here.
- Upon traffic growth of your website, the hosting price will also increase over time. But you will start making enough money at that time.
- Backups are the crucial part of your website and that comes with extra payment to the hosting sites generally. But this one comes with the cheapest web hosting with free backups.
If you are a complete beginner and have no idea how to do all these things or you are someone who is not very technical, contact us we will set up your website completely free and make it SEO ready without any extra cost. Else proceed with our step by step guide.
WordPress.com: Is what we don’t recommend unless you want to so.
I have one word for it. Its a hosting website. If you understand what a hosting website. Yes, it will host your website. And if you choose for free hosting, then WordPress.com will be in full control of your website instead of you. But WordPress.com provides you various hosting plans to choose from ranging from being Free to $5000 per month.
Pros of WordPress.com
As a free platform provided initially. WordPress.com is very useful for the hobby writers. I mean the people who do not want much of the content read or people who write there own personal stuff as a hobby and they do not want to create much of the audience of it.
- It provides free space of about 3GB. Once you have consumed that space you will be required to buy the paid plans for extra space.
- All the updates, backups and other security related things will be taken care by WordPress.com and you are not required to worry about it.
Cons of WordPress.com
It comes with lots of limitations which we will be listing now. And these are the reasons which differentiate it from WordPress.org. Below are the list of limitations comes with WordPress.com.
- WordPress.com puts a lot of ads on free websites. All the traffic comes to your website we’ll be able to see the ads but you will not receive a single penny from it unless you are on paid plans.
- You are not allowed to monetize with whatever way suits you. You will be stuck with a single advertising platform to use which is WordAds and nothing else. But to get approval for WordAds you need traffic of more than 25000 per month which is difficult to get being a beginner.
- You are not allowed to buy third party plugins and upload it on your website. All you get as a free user is JetPack and nothing else. Even paid user gets the only a handful of plugins which can be installed which comes in the package of the plan you purchased.
- You are not allowed to again buy third party themes and upload it to customize your website as per your likings. You will be stuck with only a few theme options provided as free with free plans. Premium themes with Premium plans are junk and are of no use.
- No use of Google analytics which plays an important role in the growth of your website. It does not allow you to install Google analytics.
- No custom domain is provided to free users. Hence you will receive some weird URL such as https://www.yourwebsitename.wordpresss.com. And you can get custom domains such as yourwebsitename.com or something else once you jump to paid plans.
- If any of the legal terms are breached by you. WordPress will immediately delete your website without your consent.
- Your website will always show powered by WordPress.com link. But it gets removed on premium plans.
- No eCommerce features provided by WordPress.com unless you switch to eCommerce plans.
To conclude it in one line for beginners as WordPress has itself create confusion for them by just putting Org and Com after same domain name is used WordPress.org. Or Else you can go with all other blogging platforms which are also available for free. In which case we have a post for the top 5 best blogging platform which contains both free and paid platforms for you to understand.
That’s it for today. We hope you liked our post for the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com. If so, then please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Also, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel. We will be putting more such post for making money online.