Are you looking to Navigate To a Folder In CMD on Windows 10? This article will show you how you can do it extremely quickly.
Before you learn how to navigate or change directories in Command prompt you should learn some basic commands of Command Prompt.
To make you familiar we are going to use the CD command in CMD that stands for change directory in the command prompt of Windows.
How To Change Directory in Command Prompt on Windows 10
Follow the below steps to change the directory to whichever directory you want to navigate to.
- Open the Command Prompt using Start Menu on Windows 10
- Once Command Prompt is Open, make sure you navigate to correct drive where your folder is situated to which you want to navigate.
- For example, I have a Test Folder in my C drive, hence first I need to go to the root of C driver.
- To Reach to the Root of the Drive Type CD\ Command and present Enter.
- Once you have Reached the root directory then Type CD Test, in your case you can replace Test with your folder name you want to navigate.
- Press Enter you will see that you have nagivated to the Test Folder and You can Type Dir Command in the Command Prompt and Press Enter
- Now this Command will show all the files and folder present inside the Test Folder.
- Alternatively you can Type the CD and Then First few letter of your Folder and press TAB button on your keyboard. You will see that Folder name is automatically written and all you need to do it press Enter.
Using the above Method you should be easily able to navigate to the desired folder in the Command Prompt of Windows 10. But if you do not want to use the CD command and all you need to reach the folder path in the command prompt then follow the below method.
Quickly Change or Navigate to Directory in Command Prompt
To quickly navigate to the desired folder location in Command prompt, all you are required to do is follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to the desired folder in the Windows Explorer.
- In this we are navigating to Test Folder in C Drive.
- Once you have reached inside the folder, select the address bar.
- Once Address Bar is select type CMD on it and press Enter.
- Now you will see that your command prompt is having the path of your desired folder navigation.
I hope you got the answer on how to navigate to the folder in the command prompt. You can do this in two ways. One is using the CD command in the command prompt and the other is using the address bar in the Windows Explorer and entering CMD command there.
If you know of any better solution to the above problem let us know in the comment section we will be happy to help.
Also, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest. Let us know if you have any comments or queries in the comment section we will be happy to help. Also, please subscribe to our newsletter to keep getting such new articles to read.