Are you looking to scan QR Code on Samsung Galaxy Device and you are unsure how to do it? In this post, I will tell you how you can scan any QR code on Samsung Galaxy phones quickly and easily.
QR Codes, commonly referred to as the Quick Response Codes, are used to store critical data that can only be accessed using specialized QR scanning equipment.
QR codes may be read by the Samsung Galaxy series without the need for any additional software. With Bixby Vision, Samsung Internet, and Samsung Internet (Beta), decoding QR Codes is as simple as pointing your camera at the code and being immediately taken to URLs, Geo Co-ordinate, and contact information or text messages.
How to Scan QR Code using Camera on Your Samsung Galaxy
Follow the below steps to switch on the QR code scanner on your Samsung Galaxy Camera Application. Once it is switched on it will allow you to scan any QR Code directly from your Camera app.
All you need to do is open the Camera application on your Galaxy phone and then point it toward the QR code and immediately you will be taken to the required address of the QR Code.
- To access your Quick Settings, swipe down your screen and select QR Scanner from the drop-down menu.
- To move on to the next step, press OK twice.
- After that, the Camera app will be launched, from which you can scan the QR code. After you have scanned the QR Code, you should be able to access the webpage listed below.
- If the QR Code cannot be scanned, it is possible that this setting needs to be enabled. To access the Camera Settings menu, click on the Camera Settings icon button.
- Scan QR codes can be enabled or disabled.
How to Turn on QR Scanner in Camera App on Samsung Galaxy
If you are unable to scan the QR Code using the Camera Application and then it might be in the camera application settings the QR Code scanner must be switched off and you need to toggle it to switch it on. Follow the below steps to toggle the QR Scanner in Camera App.
- Open the Camera application on your Samsung Galaxy Phone.
- Select or Tap on the Setting on the the top right screen.
- The option to “Scan QR Codes” may be found in the Camera settings menu, under the Intelligent features options, in the Intelligent features section.
- Enable the feature if you want to use the Camera Settings.
How to Scan QR Code on Samsung Galaxy using Bixby
You can directly use Bixby to scan the QR Code as you already know that Bixby is the virtual assistant for Samsung Galaxy devices and it provides a lot of features inbuilt.
- Open your Camera app and select Bixby Vision on the top Left of the screen.
- If this is the first time you have used Bixby Vision, you will be prompted to provide permission to the app. Allow all of the requests for permission that show on the screen.
- Allow the Bixby Vision pop-up permissions.
- Scan the QR Code and then press the Go button to open the website.
How to Scan QR Code on Samsung Galaxy using Samsung Internet Application
In most Samsung devices you will see that the Samsung Internet application is already pre-installed. If you have removed it by mistake or intentionally then you need to install it again if you want to use it to scan the QR Code on your Phone.
Follow the below steps to scan the QR Code using Samsung Internet Application.
- Start Samsung Internet on your Samsung Galaxy Phone.
- To access the three vertical lines at the bottom right of the screen, press and hold them.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu, followed by Useful features.
- Slide the button to the on position to activate the QR code reader.
- Return to the webpage and click on the URL link, then click on the QR Code icon to complete the process.
- On the permissions pop-up window, select Allow.
- Once you have placed the QR code within the guidelines, it will be recognized by the scanner.
I hope you were able to scan the QR Code for any Samsung Galaxy phone you have irrespective of the Model. But if you are still not able to do it, please let us know in the comment section so that we can help you as soon as possible.