Today I am going to review the book Swing Trading for Dummies. As I am being a swing trader for 3 years. When I started reading this book. I really wanted to know what extra does it book can provide me apart from the normal definitive stuff already present on the internet.
But I was impressed by this book. It actually tells all the topics very detailed and clear. Hence making this book a complete recommendation for new people who are about to become Swing Traders. Swing Trading is actually a very profitable trading strategy which many traders use to earn a lot of money.
I have already published a basic idea about Swing Trading and How can you also achieve it can be read here by clicking this link. As it contains all the starting questions and answers with one strategy explained for better profit.
I was originally looking for a book to learn how to do day trading. Unfortunately, after a couple of intro books to day trading, I was left with more questions than I started with. I didn’t know the first thing about the stock market and all these intro books assumed you knew the basics to trading stocks.
That’s when I turned to the tried and true “for dummies” series. I wanted to get day trading for dummies but the reviews implied the same problem I have had with the other intro books. Luckily, I came across a review that recommended this book for true stock market noobs.
This is the best “for dummies” book I have read to date. Not only does the book cover the process of buying and trading stocks but they stop and explain terms and concepts about the stock market. This book is a wealth of knowledge and provides concrete examples when explaining trading concepts. I highly recommend this book to anyone that is interested in trading stocks whether your looking to day trade, swing trade or be a long term investor. So it’s a great read with Swing Trading for Dummies.
Topics Covered in the Book
Below are the main topics which are explained in the Book. I think the author explained very well each and every topic related to stock trading either you are doing day trading or multiple days trading this book will strengthen your knowledge for sure.
- Identify promising markets and sectors to trade
- Use fundamental and technical analysis in swing trading
- Trade strongly trending securities
- Manage portfolio and security risk
Take advantage of price swings in strongly trending securities and pump up your portfolio!
Want to know the strategies of successful swing trading? This friendly guide covers the ins and outs of this risky but profitable investing approach, explaining all the basics in plain English. You’ll see how to use the two investment approaches — technical and fundamental analysis — to identify promising securities in strongly trending markets. In addition, this guide covers how to calculate investment returns and, most important, how to manage your portfolio’s risk.
- Learn from a highly experienced trader, analyst, and portfolio manager — the author shares his insider knowledge
- Understand often overlooked topics such as money management, journal keeping, and strategy planning — key areas that will largely determine your success
- Focus on the fundamentals — often overlooked by swing traders, fundamental analysis can increase your chance of success
- Determine your entry and exit points with technical analysis — read charts, apply indicators, and compare markets
- Evaluate companies with fundamental analysis — grasp the basics of financial statements and the criteria to screen for undervalued or overvalued stocks
- Develop and implement your trading plan — outline what you trade and how often, decide your risk tolerance, and calculate your performance
Open the book Swing Trading for Dummies and find:
- The differences among swing trading, day trading, and buy-and-hold investing
- The pros and cons of technical and fundamental analysis
- Step-by-step anatomy of a trade
- A wealth of charts and screenshots
- Real-world examples of swing trading successes
- The 10 deadly sins of swing trading — avoid at all costs!
- Sample trading plans
- Useful resources for navigating data
As a Trader, I would definitely recommend this book swing trading for dummies to everyone who wants to start there career in stock trading for day trading or intraday trading. This book helps you grasp a wide variety of knowledge on all the topics in detailed.
The author has clarity in writing style, quite methodical and comprehensive in building up one’s understanding to a point of effective practical implementation. What so many other books\authors have struggled to tackle, I.e, breaking down the trader jargon to simple and easy to understand, Mr Bassal has done with ease. I am honestly surprised that I have actually understood everything presented to me that I can confidently apply. Many thanks to the author. A great teacher indeed.