Are you getting a notification or error as There Are Currently No Power Options Available on your PC? This may occur after Windows Update or because of some system glitch or maybe some of your system files got corrupt.
You can fix this problem by using any of the 5 methods discussed in this post. It is a simple glitch mostly experienced by Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 users.
Quick Fix 1: Logout And Re-Login Into Windows
The quickest method to resolve this issue is just to log out from your account and re-login into the user account of your Windows. To log out press
alt + ctrl + del. After this press the signout button on the screen lock page.
Once you have signed out from your windows account using the above button. Re-Enter your password or pin to re-login into the Windows Laptop and select the Power Button on the start menu and it should be visible now.
This issue can also occur because of some of the browsers you are using such as Lockdown Browser.
If it is still not visible and you are still getting the error “There Are Currently No Power Options Available”. Then Follow the next step to fix it.
Quick Fix 2: Using Command Prompt
You can restore the power options for your system using Command Prompt by running below commands on it. Note that these commands are required to be executed in order to fix the problem.
- Open Command Prompt from Start Menu as Administrator.
- Once it is opened. Then type the command powercfg -restoredefaultschemes and press Enter. Once the execution is completed.
- Then restart your computer by typing on the command prompt shutdown /r. Press Enter and wait for your PC to restart.
Once your PC is restarted then you should be able to get the options related to power in your start menu.
Quick Fix 3: Using Windows Troubleshooting Feature.
The third option that you can use to fix this problem is using the Windows Troubleshooting option available.
- Press the Windows Start button and then select Settings.
- Select the Windows Update button from the settings page.
- Then Select Troubleshooting from the left windows pane.
- Now Select Additional Troubleshooters on the Troubleshoot page.
- On the Additional troubleshoot page select Power and Run the Troubleshooting.
After you run the troubleshooter, windows will start the diagnostic tool and let you know what was the problem and then it will ask you to proceed if you want to fix it.
In most cases, Windows will automatically fix the problem without notifying you once you run the troubleshooter.
Quick Fix 4: Using Command Prompt Troubleshoot
The fourth fix for this problem or issue is that to use the command prompt to scan for the errors or issues present in Windows.
And then using the DISM command to fix the issues online. Note that in this method you are required to be connected to the internet. Otherwise, this fix will not work for you.
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator from start menu.
- Enter the command sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Once you press enter, you can see that this command start scanning your system for errors and issues.
- After this enter DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and press Enter.
- Once you press enter DISM will check online for solution of the problems found.
- After it completes, Enter DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter.
- Once you press enter DISM will search online and fix the issues found into your Windows operating system.
Wait till the above restoration completes to 100%. Once it is completed you should now able to see the power options in your Windows Start menu. If you cannot see it yet, you can try restarting your Windows using command shutdown /r in Command prompt.
That is all for this post where you learned how to fix there are currently no power options available issue on your Windows operating system.
Let me know if you have any suggestions or questions in the comments. If this post helped you then please subscribe to our newsletter to get more updates like this.
Subscribe to our newsletter!